MENU ≡ ╳
– 375g/13oz dried linguine
– 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 1 small chilli pepper, finely chopped
– 1cm/½in fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
– 450g/1lb carton or bottle passata
– 400g tin of tuna fish in oil, drained and roughly chopped
– salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes or until al dente, and drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil and gently fry 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the garlic, chilli and the ginger for a few minutes until slightly soft. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for another few minutes. Stir in the tuna and salt.
3. Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve sprinkled with the remaining parsley and freshly ground pepper.