MENU ≡ ╳
Omelettes don’t always need to be folded in half with the filling inside, you can leave the omelette open and sprinkle over your favourite ingredients before finishing it under a hot grill until it’s bubbling and delicious.
1. Pick the leaves off the basil and roughly tear them.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half on a chopping board.
3. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl.
4. Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Beat well with a fork until fully combined.
6. Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up. Meanwhile…
7. Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and turn the heat up to high.
8. Carefully add the tomatoes and fry for 1 minute.
9. Turn the heat down to low and sprinkle over the basil leaves.
10. Carefully pour in the eggs, then tilt the pan to spread them out evenly.
11. Using a fork, swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
12. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, use a spatula to ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half – when it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
Source: Jamie Oliver